Who knows, maybe this is going to be the world’s worst toner? Let’s face it, even if it’s terrible, it was worth $10 just to find out if this some sort hidden jewel of a tone distributer.
Big, positive changes are headed our way for 2016. However, before those big, positive changes were decided, I had to go through a bit of rejection. This wasn’t the normal sort of rejection a person testing the job market might normally deal with. Usually, you find out pretty early in the process that a company is not interested in you for whatever reason. The sort of rejection I dealt with involved traveling to remote interviews, certain that the job must be mine to lose, and only finding out later that I wasn’t a fit for the department or role (I really don’t know which).
I’ve mentioned before that I’m trying to send my OnePlus One back to have the glass repaired. Getting the request authorized was actually pretty easy. Since then, things have broken down. Here are some tips that might help you along the way:
- Make sure you get a commercial invoice from OnePlus support BEFORE scheduling your pickup. DHL needs the commercial invoice in order to take the package. Arguing with the guy that comes to pick up the package doesn’t get you anywhere.
- Get it right the first time. Because I did not have the aforementioned commercial invoice, I’m stuck in some sort of loop where I can’t easily schedule a pickup. DHL wants my account number (I don’t have one) and the OnePlus scheduling page says I’ve already scheduled a pickup. Huzzah!
I’ll keep updating as I trip and stumble through the process.
Over the weekend, there was a great thread on /r/bodybuilding asking for tips for making cutting (reducing calories to burn fat) easier. I’ve compiled the best tips from the comments.
- Skip breakfast to save more calories for later in the day or to consume less calories.
- Drink lots of water / calorie-free drinks to help feel full.
- Chew sugar-free gum to reduce cravings.
- Brush your teeth after your last meal to reduce snacking.
- Eat a lot of high-volume / low-calorie meals (plenty of fruits and vegetables) as your carbohydrates sources to feel full longer.
- Develop a routine, but don’t forget to throw in a cheat meal ever so often.
- Get lean with Intermittent Fasting.
- Make every meal an enjoyable one that you can look forward to.
The above list is in no particular order. There are tons of interesting stuff buried in the comments. The key is to find what works best for you.
The following is a list of equipment for someone looking to set up their first home gym.
|Vulcan H-Basic Squat Stand||$ 325*|
|Vulcan One Basic Bar||$ 259*|
|York ST Adjustable Bench||$ 395*|
|OneFitWonder Black Bumper Plate Set (250#)||$ 415*†|
|*Includes free shipping to some or all of the US.
†Additional 10% discount if picked up from their Austin location.
Here are a few non-obvious notes.
- Vulcan H-Basic Squat Stand – This squat stand is as basic as it gets. At 73″ x 40″ x 43″, this stand should fit into almost any location. The major drawback of this stand is the lack of a pull-up bar. If you have enough headroom for a pull-up bar, but want to remain budget conscious, The OneFitWonder Squat Stand from FringeSport is inexpensive and includes free shipping options.